Saturday, February 4, 2012

FLORIDA!

George and I were given the amazing opportunity to go to Florida this January.  George had to go for Union Training for the International Association of Firefighters. It was an amazing opportunity for him to learn and share experiences with firemen from all 50 states and Canada. So.... Since he had to go.... I decided I had better go too!
We got to escape the cold, 12 inches of snow here in MT in exchange for 82 degrees and sunny!
I'm not complaining! It was wonderful. The first time in my life I've gone on a warm vacation during the cold months of winter.
So, since we were going across the U.S., we decided to take a couple extra days since we wouldn't be back that way anytime soon.  We spent one day at Walt Disney World, (1 day isn't enough to see the whole thing, but we had to make the most of our time).  We were there with another couple from MT as well, with no children. Here's where it gets a little crazy. We were walking into the world's largest children's entertainment area and we didn't have our children! We all started feeling really guilty and like we were bad parents. Then we watched a few tantrums, hungry children, sleepy children, kids who had to pee for the umpteenth time and kids who cried as they were turned away from rides they weren't big enough to ride.  And we said to each other, "ya know, I'm kinda glad I don't have my kids here. Does that make us bad parents. Nah!"

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun and we hope to take our children there someday when they are much bigger and they can walk and walk and walk without complaining, don't need a stroller, no diapers, no naps, and no carrying.  It will be a blast when we can all ride the rides together. In the meantime, Mom and Dad had a great time away going on rides, laying by the pool; well at least I was laying by the pool while George was in classes, I think I had the better end of the deal, he thinks we was pretty lucky too!



 We went to Seaworld on our one chilly day (70 degrees and rainy). We rode one of those water rides and managed to get soaked the first time and so we rode it again since there were no lines cuz it was a "chilly day in January" and we got thoroughly soaked. It was great!


This was a lady who stands here for hours like a statue, if you walk up to her she will move and embrace you somehow in her scene. It was pretty neat, I could never stand still that long, and with my eyes closed the entire time. 

It sure was nice to go, but it was great to return home to our beautiful little girls. It's fun to remember how much we love each other and that when we focus on us too, it helps us to love them more. We were very blessed to get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment